Thursday, January 5, 2012

CRAIGSLIST SCAMMERS

Since I've posted some items for sale within the last few days, I have received a few scam emails I thought I would let others know about. Luckily, my instincts kicked in and I googled the email and did not respond to the first one, but the second one did not come up when I searched it. Although, he did manage to use the same message body, so it was easy to throw his email into the scam pile.
The first email address was: johnpilek@gmail.com and he used the name Matthew Ribery. This guy is all over the place- if you search him, you will find many posts about his attempts to scam people on Craigslist.
The second person was John Harry, using the email chriswalter603@gmail.com and jerrtge234@gmail.com
Both of them emailed me asking if I still had the item for sale. When I responded yes, this is the message I received:
Hi,
 Am glad it's available. I'm going on a vacation to London but I will
 instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure
 you will get in about 4 - 6 business days. I'll add $20 extra for the
 delay. I'll pay by M O or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full
 name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed
 out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will
 be after you must have received and cashed the payment.
 Awaiting your info.
 Thanks
Same exact message for both! Needless to say, I stopped responding and flagged as scams. 
Good Luck everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment